John & Aliza attended the Joint Regional Seminar at the Actuaries Institute on Friday August 3.
It was a day covering a broad sweep of input under the lead topic of "Challenges and Opportunities in an increasingly Digital World":
- The session opened with Bruce Porteous (Aberdeen Standard Investments) giving us insights into the impact of enhanced digital performance on insurance asset management including real-time reporting.
- Michael Browne (Swiss Re Life & Health) gave us a very interesting insight into Accessing Hidden Value through Customer Insights".
- The keynote speaker, Annette King (Galileo Platforms), urged the audience to 'Disrupt yourself or Be Disrupted'.
- Andres Webersinke (Gen Re Life Australia) took us into more detail with a session on 'The Impact of Digitalisation on Critical Illness Business' using insights from their Dread Disease survey.
- Deloitte Australia showed us the 'Robots are Coming: the Future of Work' (Caroline Bennet & Alan Merton) and Willis Towers Watson showed us the 'Role of Technology in Driving Transformation of the Insurance Industry - Catalyst, Driver, Incubator?' (Paul Caputo & Kenny McIvor).
- The day closed with a plenary session 'Ditch the DeLorean and Hitch to the Tesla...' moderated by Lesley Traverso.
In summary, it was an insightful and interesting day presented in a lively and informative way by highly knowledgeable speakers.
Congratulations to the Actuaries Institute for a well run day in their first Joint Regional Seminar.