Work in an agile, highly collaborative global team as a Subject Matter Expert!
- Join a close-knit global team!
- Excellent location in Sydney CBD
I am looking for an Actuarial Consultant who will work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our agile team of highly skilled actuaries, financial modelling and software engineers.
You will be engaging with stakeholders to develop a vision of how to achieve business goals. You will be using cutting-edge technology to bring value to the industry and clients within the insurance space. As part of the Business Systems team, you will follow Scrum methodologies to design and enhance products that continually meet high levels of usability, reliability, maintainability and performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely within the insurance space in a multi-skilled global team environment to translate that vision into features or functionality in the company’s financial modelling software.
- Requirement engineering, research and development of actuarial/financial models and mathematical methodologies
- Working to translate requirements into User Stories and define acceptance criteria
- Actively participating in the full software development lifecycle - Software design, development, customisation, testing and deployment
- Participation in Agile/scrum activities (sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives),
- Preparing relevant reports and documentation associated with actuarial/financial models and software development
- Provision of technical, product and modelling support services to all clients
- Passionate about financial modelling and software development in the InsurTech space
- 3+ years’ experience in the insurance sector, particularly, building or using models for capital modelling, valuations, reserving or pricing
- Tertiary qualifications in actuarial studies, finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science or engineering
- Good understanding of complex modelling structures
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with effective time management and interpersonal skills
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Actuarial experience and/or progress in exams towards Associate qualification with the Actuaries Institute
- Experience with actuarial software, particularly RiskAgility FM, MoSes or Prophet
- Proficient in MS Office
- Programming experience, preferably in C++, Excel/VBA or Python
- Experience with software applications like TFS and Azure DevOps