Work in the Actuarial & Pricing department for an established world-wide general and reinsurance company where you can hone your people management and technical skills.
Providing actuarial support to a business unit in order to manage a profitable business; acting as the first point of contact for designated products for price setting and general actuarial and key contact/engagement point on all models for the price modelling area.
About the role
- Managing the complete valuation process that includes all related financial disclosure requirements and is appropriate for the relevant valuation, particularly with complex models and assumptions; managing performance against plans
- Manage pricing projects to ensure timely delivery in line with the pricing plan, including defining project scope, supervising technical stages and communicating model outputs and implications thereof
- Continual and ongoing monitoring of portfolio performance to facilitate cell review, tactical price changes in aggregate and at segment level and identification of other possible portfolio action for consideration by the product and customer teams
- Managing graduates, Actuarial Analysts / Senior Actuarial Analysts
- Ability to analyse, interpret and extrapolate data from a number of sources and resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated management skills and influential interpersonal skills
- At least 5 years experience in general insurance industry, data analytics or two years of post qualification general insurance experience
- May be a qualified Actuary or a Fellow of the IA of Aust, postgraduate qualification in a suitable discipline or other equivalent qualification (note that due to statutory requirements in the general actuarial team actuarial qualifications are necessary in this area)
This is an exciting opportunity and one you don’t want to miss.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Aliza Yau on 0499 888 857 or firstname.lastname@example.org