Reporting to the Director of Corporate Actuarial you will be involved in the financial reporting in respect of the Australian operations of a multinational business. This includes the reporting of results based on US GAAP, Australian IFRS, UK IFRS, and Solvency II bases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day actuarial reporting process for the Australian Business Unit.
- Coordinating the calculation of quarterly US GAAP, UK IFRS and AIFRS balances to the required standard and to agreed timescales, including analysis of results for all lines of business
- Work with the Appointed Actuary as required to meet the statutory requirements of APRA, PRA and other regulatory authorities in respect of business written by the Australian business unit.
- Providing the financial projections and scenario analyses required for the annual Plan and ICAAP processes.
- Producing stress testing and scenario analyses to support business decisions.
- Providing support and guidance to other team members
- Good understanding of the Australian life insurance industry preferred
- Good understanding of at least one or more of the following financial and capital reporting standards, e.g. US GAAP, UK IFRS, AIFRS, LAGIC, Solvency II
- Qualified actuary (FIAA or equivalent) with up to 5 years post-qualified experience
- Excellent technical actuarial and analytical skills
- Ability to independently develop and implement new methodologies
- Proficient with software packages, such as Excel, Access, and Word
- Proficient with actuarial modelling software, e.g. MoSes and Prophet
To discuss the role in more detail, please contact Aliza Yau (CA) on 0499 888 857 or email@example.com