Exciting full-time opportunity to join the actuarial team in the Australian Head Office of a global insurer who prides themselves as putting their customers first.
The Actuary of Technical Solutions is responsible for evaluating and analysing the probability of events and quantifying the contingent outcomes to recommend premiums which meet the company's business goals.
Reporting to the lead Pricing Actuary and based within the Melbourne head office, key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse data and calculate the probability of and costs associated with certain events
- Assist the Pricing Actuary to analyse and monitor product and portfolio performance across all classes of business
- Contribute to developing and maintaining rating tools and technical pricing models
- Provide qualitative input into operational business decisions
- Contribute to developing a workplace learning environment
- Contribute to the alignment of risk and compliance management practices to the company's strategic objectives by sitting in the first line of defence.
To be successful in this role you will have successfully completed an Undergraduate Degree in Actuarial studies, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
At a minimum, you must be a part qualified Actuary with the commitment to continue furthering formal qualification towards attaining the qualification of Fellow of the Actuaries Institute.
The ideal candidate will have proven track record of strong technical and analytical skills in general insurance actuarial work. You will have at least 4 years’ experience as an Actuary / Senior Actuarial Analyst in a financial/pricing capacity.
You will have a passion to deliver exceptional customer service and display an agile and collaborative approach to supporting the Company's Corporate Plan.
In return for your commitment you will gain extensive exposure to the commercial insurance industry and have access to a range of rewarding Company benefits as a valued team member.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to John Killick on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job: 527
Applications for this full-time role will close cob Monday 17th August 2020