Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be working in securing new business and managing clients. The ideal candidate will be client focused but will be able to balance this with the strategic objectives of the company. The candidate will ideally have strong market knowledge across both the Group and Retail spaces.
- Building and developing strong relationships in the market and with clients
- Driving and co-ordinating the acquisition of appropriate new business
- Optimising existing business and relationships, and maintaining and supporting client requirements in relation to existing business portfolios. This will include varied aspects of the reinsurance relationship including treaty management, product development and experience reviews.
- Driving innovation with clients and working across broader internal functions to deliver on strategic projects
- Co-ordination point for communication with clients and supporting broader client marketing materials
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, contacts and key stakeholders.
- Actuary with 5 years post qualification experience is desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience, ideally in an insurance/reinsurance business area.
- Strong market knowledge/awareness across Group and Retail.
- Commercial business sense and experience.
- Someone who knows and is known in the market.
- Pricing knowledge in Group and Individual Risk for an insurer or reinsurer.
- Ability to understand and navigate complex technical issues with an “eye for detail”.
- Experience in driving strategic initiatives and innovation for internal or external clients.
- Treaty management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – relationship builder (“people person”)
- Self-starter with resilience to co-ordinate and project manage to achieve the required outcome
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Team player
- Flexible, “can do” attitude with interest in career and skill development
- Disciplined and reliable
- Customer focused – with ability to provide innovative solutions