Great opportunity to join a re-insurer in Sydney.
This role works in the Chief Actuary's team on all aspects of supporting the Australian and New Zealand businesses including annual and quarterly valuation and monitoring of the outstanding claims and premium liabilities.
As well as offering a variety of work across financial and reporting matters and one-off projects, this role provides direct access to colleagues across a broad cross-section of the local and global business teams.
Locally, you will have at your 'fingertips' a group of high class technical actuaries from which to learn and grow your career.
There is the additional benefit of a quality work / life balance.
To be an eligible candidate, you will:
- have at least 4 to 5 years GI reserving / valuation and reporting experience;
- Be studying your Part 3 exams or have recently completed them;
- Have relevant actuarial software skills (Excel, SAS or similar);
- Display a proven record of building relationships with managers and colleagues across a variety of business units;
- Be able to communicate technical and business related material in a meaningful way to colleagues and managers.