Overview of the Role
Our client is a leading Australian life insurance company. They have an immediate need for a candidate who has good exposure to capital and valuation as part of their background.
This role reports to one of the Valuation manager, working closely with the rest of the Valuation team to fulfil the requirements of the valuation and capital function.
- Financial Reporting and Statutory Compliance
- Review technical work of other valuation team members for completeness and accuracy and provide training to new team members
- Assist in proactively identifying, evaluating and controlling valuation process risks and broader business risks.
- Provision of business insight to other business units
- Identify opportunities for simplification, continuous improvement and improved productivity, and take ownership for the implementation of these opportunities
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of actuarial experience
- Part II or above (Actuaries Institute Australia or equivalent)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience of valuation processes, in an operational or consulting capacity, would also be desired.
To apply for this interesting and challenging role or to discuss it in more detail, please contact Aliza Yau on 0499 888 857 or firstname.lastname@example.org