Senior Analyst / Actuary
Newly created opportunity has arisen to work alongside the Head of Actuarial in a fast-growing insurer.
The Role in Summary:
Assisting with the provision of actuarial services to the Insurance business, including technical pricing, propensity/conversion modelling, competitor rate deconstructions, capital modelling and the valuation of insurance liabilities on a monthly and annual basis.
The role will also contribute to the improvement in the technical modelling capability of the team.
The Candidate Summary:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics preferably and be studying towards Actuarial qualifications
- Experience in an insurance or finance based analytical role.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced skills in data processing & manipulation, using tools such as R, SAS, SPSS or similar.
- Proven ability to analyse complex data to derive useful information and insights.
- Proven communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of products and pricing systems within Insurance or similar industry is desired
As this is a new addition to the team, it offers an opportunity on two levels:
1/ to an actuarial analyst with approx. two years experience wanting a step into an environment where there are numerous occasions to learn from more experienced people while working across many of the roles an aspiring actuary would want to experience.
2/ to an actuary with five or more years experience who can bring relevant analytical and communication skills looking for an exciting and diverse role which will have a direct impact on the growth curve of an exciting and expanding business